Useful Info on ATMs
ATMs are a boon. 99% of the time.
The other 1%, we end up facing one or more of the following problems:
- You have adequate balance in the bank, but you don't get cash
- Your account is debited, but you don't get cash
- Your ATM Card is "Swallowed" by the ATM
Here's an interesting article that I came across on the subject:
However, a couple of things that appear to have been missed out in the above referred article are:
- Do not take the help of strangers / security personnel - especially if they come voluntarily to help you. They could very well be part of a gang of scamsters
- In case the ATM is part of a bank branch (as against a stand-alone ATM) make it a point to personally inform the officials of the branch - in writing - about your problem (and, if possible, take an acknowledgement). If it is a stand-alone ATM or if the branch is closed, take the trouble of writing a note specifying the exact nature of the problem faced by you (along with your phone number) and put it in the drop box at the ATM. It could possibly help in the ATM care-takers to identify the affected person quickly, and, to that extent, minimise any negative consequence.